Friday 7 September 2012

New beginnings

It has been a crazy long time since my last post & I keep putting it off as I don't have a clear subject to blog on but please stay with me! I think it's partly because my head is so full of stuff that I don't know where to start.

It's been an eventful summer with the highlight most definitely being our holiday to Florida. Family time in such an amazing location is just priceless. It was a jam packed 2 weeks of Disney, Universal studios, LOTS of food, beautiful sunshine, lots of laughter, swimming, shopping & quality time.

The time away gave us new perspective on life and we made some decisions to improve the quality of our life but we will need to make some sacrifices first.
Let me explain. We have decided to sell our house (that we love) to move to a different part of town which will almost wipe our mortgage enabling me to give up work as I'm getting down doing what I'm doing & take a load of pressure off my Husband who's business has been struggling for a while now.

I honestly don't think I would have thought to do this before I was saved & I can see clearly that it's Jesus working to give me the life he wants for me. The old me would've hung onto all those materialistic things regardless of whether it made me or my family happy. Letting go of those things is the most humbling spiritual feeling ever.

We've found a house we would love to buy but haven't had our offer accepted as we haven't sold. God is teaching me patience that's for sure & that I need to just hand it all over to Him.

So, I hope that made at least some sense. Will try to put together a more coherent post very soon!

Esther xx









No comments:

Post a Comment