Tuesday 11 September 2012

Stumbling block

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35, 36 NIV)

I turned to my bible app this evening as I'm feeling down. Today we found out that we'd lost out on the house we really wanted to buy. I felt really upset but knew deep down God has it all in hand and that, for whatever reason, that house wasn't the one for us.

How interesting that the first verse I should read would speak of perseverance & the rewards that come with it.  If that's not a clear word from God telling me to 'hang on in there' I don't know what is! 

So the search continues......

Esther xx  
 

4 comments:

  1. Bless you Esther, this is a real tough one but you're right in clinging on to God's promises that He is in charge. It's hard to see that sometimes :( I will be praying that the right house comes along really soon for you all. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, I so appreciate your prayers & encouragement. Xx

      Delete
  2. "When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

    xx

    ReplyDelete