Wednesday 27 June 2012

End of term madness

At the REAL conference Shauna Niequest spoke about the crazy end of school year stuff that goes on. I want to just say that I feel her pain!

My inbox is full of emails to action, I have forms to fill in and consequently children's money boxes to raid in order to have the correct change (yes I do replace it!) for various activities & day trips. Fete duty rotas, bringing weekly donations for the fete & praying you've read the date right for non uniform days. Yes I have got it wrong before and it was not a pretty sight.

In addition to which I have a Son that's leaving primary school this year so we have the year 5/6 production, leavers assembley, year end assembley when year 6 get presented with a bible, leavers BBQ, induction day at new school & disco at new school.

I know that when the kids are grown up that I'll look back fondly at this time but for now I don't mind admitting that I'm a worn out Mummy that's finding it tricky to squeeze in her day job!

I do have to remember I'm not on my own, Jesus has told us to go to him at times just like this. I'm just not very good at it...yet.

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31 NIV)

Esther xx

No comments:

Post a Comment