Saturday 9 June 2012

Such a fab week!

Haven't the jubilee celebrations been great fun? I love seeing Britain celebrating together amidst the doom & gloom of our current economic climate to prove that we are still GREAT Britain.

We had one of those whirlwind weekends with lots of visits to great friends and I had the rest of the week off too. This is so special as my own children get to have me to themselves with no little people for me to look after. I'm very blessed to work for a couple that understand that my own children need me too.

Wednesday my boys went to BUILD at our wonderful church. The team just give them the best time ever and they were just buzzing when I picked them up. They made some fab prayer boxes & I might make one for myself! On Thursday & Friday they spent a few ours with both sets of Grandparents and that doesn't happen too often. I'm usually have them home with me for all the holidays & rarely get time to myself.

My boys & I had very lazy starts to the morning & besides doing lots of domestic duties & errands I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much during the week.

Then I read this on twitter:
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31 NIV)

Not only once but twice in one day! It makes perfect sense, we do need to be by ourselves in a quiet place from time to time and we most certainly do need rest. As Christians we need time to pray, sit quietly and be with God and as people we need to re-charge our batteries.

Don't pretend that you can keep going without stopping, you'll have much more to offer everyone by taking time out now and again.

Esther xx

No comments:

Post a Comment